I’m Tee (short for Therita) a mother and stepmother, to five kids (with a variety of ages ranging from 4 to 19), who has an absolute love for all things light and white. Writing has always been a passion of mine, but I’ve never shared it with the world until only a few months ago.
Design and photography is what I was born to do. My absolute passion is finding a simple, yet conceptual, solution for branding – whether it’s for a company, event or campaign. Recently I decided to dabble into the world of digital, where I found a ‘sweet spot’ in UX/UI design.
This blog is my creative outlet for sharing my journey through life, where I’m focusing more on what matters most to me and less on stuff – decluttering all aspects of my life.
- Once I started sharing my journey with the world, I realised how many people feel terribly alone on this journey through life…. So many times I felt like no-one understood what I was going through. So I decided, if I can reach just one person by writing about my journey – my highs and lows – then my heart will be happy.
- I find healing in writing. The floodgate of emotions transform into my companions when I can attach a suitable word or phrase to them and I feel like I can make sense of them and embrace them wholeheartedly until they are ready to depart.
- This journey called life isn’t always easy. And if I have an archive of the road I’ve travelled it’s easier to see how far I’ve come and the mountains I have conquered that initially seemed impossible.
I’m obsessed with fresh white linen, lots of natural light, perfect symmetrical eyebrows, black filter coffee (with a spoonful of honey) and a lover of all things green and growing. Pinterest and Google are my two best friends and I live by exclamation marks and emoticons – sorry!!
Ten things you might not know about me:
- I love walking barefoot on grass & soil and getting my hands dirty in the garden makes my heart sing
- I speak French (currently very rusty), because I lived in Paris for almost two years after school
- I absolutely love books and reading
- I’m a total foodie, so changing to a Paleo lifestyle was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do
- I breastfed my youngest daughter for 22 months – it eventually became a love-hate relationship to say the least
- I have an auto-immune condition (dermatomyositis) which I’m embracing and eliminating in a holistic & natural way
- I love gin & pink tonic with slices of cucumber and basil leaves
- Red lipstick… enough said!
- Christmas is my absolute favourite time of the year – there is some kind of magic that comes with flickering Christmas lights, baking cookies and putting up the tree with the whole family
- My motto is: live. laugh. love. (Live with intention. Laugh as much as you can. Love with abundance.)
Feel free to share my posts on social media and leave a comment, so I can get to know you better over cyber space.
There you have it – ME in a nut shell!